Monday, July 27, 2009

Thanks but no tanks

I know, I’m just a skunk. I’m no politician (although a lot of them stink worse than me) and I’m no expert on national security. But I can’t help but wonder, IS DICK CHENEY CRAZY?????
Image via Internet
We just found out that the former Vice President wanted to send US troops into Lackawanna. Granted, there are parts of the Steel City that look like a battle ground….but sending US troops into a US city? Really?

Apparently this all happened when the government was getting ready to arrest the Lackawanna Six. You remember them….our local terror cell. They’re such high-level terrorists one of them is already out of jail. But Cowboy Cheney wanted to send US troops to arrest them, and declare them enemy combatants….which would have meant a military tribunal instead of a federal court trial. Fortunately President Bush put the kibosh on the idea.


Can you imagine that discussion in the Oval Office. Cheney would be like “It’s the war on terror! Send in the troops! Can I ride in a tank?” And Bush would be like “Chill out, dude. Have a beer”.


Anyway, the FBI made the arrests. No incidents. No troop invasion. Nothing to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment