Thursday, September 17, 2009

McKelvin & the morons

I just had to chime in on this lawn vandalism case….because based on the news coverage it’s getting, it’s apparently one of the biggest crime stories in Western New York since the bike path killer.

Leodis McKelvin….who is showing far more common sense now than he did when he returned the kick….says he doesn’t want the kids arrested. But the DA says he’s gonna make that decision.

Look, when McKelvin fumbled Monday night I was as angry as anyone….and you don’t want to know some of the things I called him. But then I settled down, because that’s what Bills fans do. We just know that somehow they’re going to find a way to rip our heart out of our chest and stomp on it. So when I heard about the vandalism, I got angry again….because this went over the line. But then I found out it was a pair of 16 year old boys. I know what you’re going to say…they’re old enough to know better. But let’s face it, 16 year old boys are constantly horny and constantly stupid (and the first may have something to do with the second).

If the victim doesn’t want to press charges, the DA should go along with that. It was a prank. Yes, it was really stupid….but again, we’re talking teenagers. Aren’t there more important things for the DA’s office to worry about?

Make the kids apologize, and make them mow McKelvin’s law and shovel his driveway for the next year. Oh, and one more thing….Leodis, please don’t do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment