Friday, September 4, 2009

No bones about it

I don’t know about you, but when I hear “stolen body parts” I’m thinking about a really cheesy movie, or maybe some cult in Arkansas. I’m not expecting to hear about a funeral director from New York.

But one from Rochester is going to spend a year in prison for just that. Now before you think there’s some vampire connection, or something really sick and perverse, you should know the parts were harvested for medical use…but that’s no excuse. The bodies were going to be cremated…. but that’s no excuse either. THEY DIDN’T HAVE PERMISSION.

Look, if you trust a funeral home with your loved one, you should have some peace of mind….and know that he or she won’t be carved up like that slab of roast beef at your favorite Sunday brunch. Imagine the request for permission: “Ma’am, I’m sorry for your loss….can we borrow a bone?”

This guy did something wrong. You could say he was dead wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment