Thursday, August 20, 2009

Give this tattoo artist the brush off

So there’s this warning about a tattoo artist in Chautauqua County. Health officials say it would be a really good idea if anyone who recently got a tattoo from a guy named Kenneth Paul Fenti in Jamestown can come forward so they can be tested for some pretty bad things. Like HIV and hepatitis.

That’s because authorities say Fenti used a homemade tattoo gun that was made out of a BATTERY OPERATED TOOTHBRUSH.

Now I’ve never gotten a tattoo....it really wouldn’t show up very well through the fur….but it does seem to me that when you do let someone stick a needle into your skin you’d want to make sure everything is perfectly safe….and if the guy whips out this type of contraption I’d say thanks but no thanks. A toothbrush! I mean, do you go to proctologist who uses a Black and Decker power drill? Or a hair stylist who uses a weed wacker?

Fenti is charged with violating the county’s health code. Apparently it’s tough to get a tattoo permit when you make Edward Scissorhands look safe.

So far, no one has tested positive for any disease as a result of this….and hopefully no one will. But they have tested positive for stupidity.

3 comments:

  1. I think my proctologist does use a Black & Decker drill on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If People Want Some REAL TATTOOS.... Come to Vida Loca Tattoo On NIAGARA & MASSACHUSETTS by The Peace Bridge in Buffalo, I've Been Tattooing 23yrs Now.... NO Hep or HIV Worries Here, Just Good Clean Ink....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I'm very surprised to hear this. It IS Jamestown, after all...

    ReplyDelete